Tuesday 6 October 2009

Introduction

I thought it made sense to set up a blog for M32connections - any update I have for the website, any news on Bristol artists and anything at all interesting music or Bristol related I'm gonna post it up and you can get actively involved.

Since the website launched in November 2006, it has come along way since and to date there are currently 41 different artists featured on the website with more in the pipeline.
I must stress its a non profitable website and there are NO catches for anyone involved... it's all love ♥
I started the website initially back in '04/'05 as I was actively going to gigs in Bristol and it was during these times I met a lot of people who were very talented. It was like discovering this 'big secret' - all these people were known on the music circuit within Bristol but otherwise they struggled to be heard elsewhere. I wouldn't necessarily say I had any attributes to help these people but being the huge music fan that I am and with my design experience I decided to create the website (as a hobby in aid to artists).
During this process, I myself have discovered more artists, fell in love over again with the music and tried to help in any way I can.

Within the first month of launching the website, the website received over 60,000 hits through word of mouth alone... I was thrilled. Since then, the site has grown and grown, national radio stations have been in touch directly to play artists and it's become it's own community in itself.
People must think I'm either nuts of have an ulterior motive for spending time, money and effort in this website but when you get the love back from artists and fans, that's much more of a reward than anything for me.

I hope you enjoy the website, if there is anyone at all as passionate as me and would like to help in anyway - please get in touch, I would really appreciate any help I can receive as ultimately it will be the music that benefits.

Jolo

No comments:

Post a Comment